Configure EMS or BMS Export Path
Mitchell Cloud Estimating can export your finished estimate file as Estimate Management Standard (EMS) or Business Management Suite (BMS) to a designated file path. EMS is a universal file format used to share and store estimate data across all major platforms. BMS is a proprietary file format used to share and store estimate data.
The first time you click Export EMS to export an estimate, you will be prompted to setup the estimate utility.
- In the Setup Estimate Utility window, click Start Setup.
- On the Setup Estimate Utility window, click Download.
- Depending on your internet browser, do one of the following:
- Chrome Browsers: Click the Mitchell Connect .exe file at the bottom of your browser. Click Run and follow the prompts to complete the setup.
- Internet Explorer: Click Run at the security prompt at the bottom of your browser and follow the prompts to complete the setup.
Note: Install procedures vary depending on your internet browser and security settings. The install file typically displays at the bottom of the page. You may need to run the file as an administrator.
- When the installer is finished running, click Export EMS again and select View Export Settings. You are now able to configure the export settings for the estimate file.
- In Mitchell Cloud Estimating, click Estimate.Click the arrow next to Export EMS.
- Select View Import/Export Settings to select the save location for the exported file.
- In the Export Settings window, select the check box next to the file type to enable auto export. Select the save location for the exported EMS or BMS file.
Note: Export paths may vary.
- Click Save.
- Confirm that the export path is correct for any applications that may import the estimate data from this folder (e.g., management, paint, rental, etc.). If you are an existing UltraMate customer, verify your export settings in System Info > Preferences > Import/Export > EMS Import and Export. Click OK.