Auto-Export Estimate using EMS or BMS
Mitchell Cloud Estimating can export your finished estimate file as Estimate Management Standard (EMS) or Business Management Suite (BMS) to a designated file path. EMS is a universal file format used to share and store estimate data across all major platforms. BMS is a proprietary file format used to share and store estimate data.
Note: Automatic exporting is not available on tablet devices. You can only automatically export from Windows desktop or laptop devices.
You can set the estimate to automatically export the estimate file in EMS or BMS format when the estimate is committed or while the estimate is in progress.
- From an estimate, Click the arrow next to Export EMS.
- Select View Export Settings to configure the settings for both EMS and BMS files.
- In the Export Settings window, enter the export directory path or click Change to browse for the correct export directory path for exporting to EMS or BMS.
- Click Save.
- In the Auto Export on Commit section, select the check box next to EMS or BMS to automatically export the files.
- Click Save.
- Write the estimate. Your estimate data will be automatically exported when you update the estimate total— when navigating in Mitchell Cloud Estimating from Split View to the Parts page— or when committing the estimate.